Friday, October 5, 2007

National Poll: Is there such a thing as a stupid question?

Yes: 80.5%
No: 19.5%
Men: 81.2% 18.8%
Women: 78.9% 21.1%
Prediction Accuracy: 80.0%

I can understand where the adage came from. Sometimes, people are embarrassed or ashamed to share their thoughts with others, so they need to almost excuse themselves by saying "This might be a stupid question, but..." Those questions aren't the stupid ones. So what constitutes a "stupid question" then? That's a tough question to answer. I suppose saying something like, "I know one when I hear one" isn't enough for the argument at hand. If I had to place it somewhere, I would say it's one part irrelevance and another part inexcusability. But then, I don't know if I fully understand what that even means. Any thoughts?

No comments: